Grace Church began in 1984 with a small group of believers meeting for a weekly Bible Study.
The first public service took place on resurrection Sunday, 1985, in rented facilities in Desert Hot Springs. A year later, the church was accepted as a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, with James Harmeling as Pastor. Pastor Harmeling ministered at Grace Church:
– In 1996, Osvaldo Silveira was called as full-time Associate Pastor of Hispanic Ministries (Spanish services)
– In 2001, Pastor Bruce Montgomery joined the Grace Church family as Senior Pastor. Grace Church also has the heart to reach out both locally and around the world meeting the needs of people with the marvelous love of Jesus Christ.
– In 2006, Pastor Carlos Castaneda assumed leadership as Pastor of Hispanic Ministries.
– In 2005, Dr. Bob Lee, a licensed Family Life counselor, joined the team providing counseling services.
At Grace Church, “family” is important. Our goal for family ministries is to provide a safe place for families to be successful.
It is the MISSION of Grace Church to fulfill The Great Commandment of loving the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, and soul; and love our neighbors as ourselves. (Matthew 22: 37-40)
And to fulfill The Great Commission of calling people from all nations, cultures, and languages to become fully devoted followers of Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20).
This development will give joyous expression through a corporate commitment to:
• Exciting creative worship
• Teaching which is Biblical & relevant for every day.
• Supporting fellowship through vital relationships, where everyone has a place.
• Inspiring people to experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Celebrating God’s love by extending grace and love through serving the needs of our community.
• Share with other churches the tools we use, the training that blessed us, the inspiration and blessings we experience as a church every day.
You are welcome with your family in a friendly environment where you will accept as you are